Why did it happen and what were the consequences?
- USSR was against the capitalist countries, which had become a group called the Western allies.
- Germany was divided into four different parts. One belonged to Great Britain, another to the USA, another part to the USSR and another to France as the capitalist’s countries didn´t want USSR to have an extended territory.
- Stalin fought that the capitalist countries wanted to rebuild Germany.
- He blocked all the routes that pass through the western allies to the parts that belonged to them from Berlin so that they couldn´t send supplies to them. However, they airlifted supplies.
- They airlifted supplies to their parts of Berlin so that the USSR couldn´t consider as an act of war.
Consequences for USSR:
- The USSR gave up the Berlin Blockade, as the Western Allied didn´t give up.
Consequences for the USA:
- They showed that they were not going to give up. Therefore, they showed that they were strong.